Thursday 4 February 2010

Carnival Time (4): 'I and the Bird' from Australia to the World



Y Barcud, the Red Kite
seen above Aberglasney, Wales, UK
ten days ago

The carnival, 'I and the Bird', is now up and running over in Duncan's colourful back and beyond Australian backyard bush, 'Ben Cruachan'. You can read my entry or via the carnival site.

Do fly over to 'Ben Cruachan' to join in the fun and to sample a piece of bush damper*, before the birds demolish it all! You might also enjoy a visit to Seabrooke Leckie's carnival pond for January 2010 here.


* This reminds me of 'the drifting bread' in the poem, 'A Winter's Tale' by Dylan Thomas, who was born here in Swansea, Wales, UK.

5 comments:

Friko said...

Hi Caroline,
The Red Kites come as far over as the Shropshire
Hills now.

If you are still interested in the Miscellany, it has turned into a full blown blog "Fridge Soup". Come over to Friko's Musings and access it from there. If you like it and would like to participate regularly, send me an email.

Nathan said...

I found your blog whilst searching for home and garden blogs. I like your site, very much. Check out mine for some great gardening tips.
www.plottips.blogspot.co

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love read kites and these are lovely photos

Art Mama said...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pics. Absolutely breathtaking!!

Marc Latham said...

Yes, red kites are one of my favourite birds, and your photos bring out their beauty.