Friday 23 July 2010

Poetic Places (5): Out in the Wild

Gannet flying inland from the Achiltibuie area,
north of Ullapool
[please click to enlarge]


I have just mounted a post on my new Wild and Wonderful blog about a Buzzard we saw in the Quiraing region of Skye. I have been thinking a lot about wild places and wilderness since we returned from Scotland, so it was a pleasant surprise to read Professor Morley's post about walking and writing. You can find it here: 'Rebounding Flowerheads'. His piece makes special reference to Scotland and the West Country.

2 comments:

Naquillity said...

in the wilderness you can definitely find poetic places, can't you? your photo is beautiful. have a great night.

Alisonc-s said...

Hello Caroline

Reciprocating the blog visit. I need to spend more time having a read through your posts but just thought I'd mention I also love Somerville's book. Haven't actually made any trips to places yet though.

Alison