Tuesday 19 April 2011

Seasonal Splash (7): Spring Fever (and amphibians)

The magnificent Priory remains, Mount Grace, Yorkshire ...

... with resident amphibian!
You may have seen my wasp bole in the previous post. These images above are also from Mount Grace.

I thought this was a Common Frog, but having lightened my photo a little, I think it is actually a Common Toad. I heard today that my poem, 'Observations from the Hide' (about toads back in Wales) had taken Second Place in the Writelink Spring Fever Competition.

4 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Mount Grace is five miles down the road from us. Great place to visit.

Caroline Gill said...

Well, Bob, I hadn't realised that you live in such a wonderful part of the world.

Crafty Green Poet said...

definitely looks like a warty little toad to me! Congratulations re your poem!

The Solitary Walker said...

Yes, definitely a toad! Well done on the poem.